    I have uninstalled VS2008, VS2005 and reinstall VS2005, problem remain
    same. I tried to install Asp.net V2.0.05727 using Aspnet_regIIs -i,
    but problem still there ? is there any solution ?

    Vp, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Vp

    Manish Guest

    Hi,

    Most probably you have a different version of the System.EnterpriseServices
    assembly in the global cache. Or you don't have it at all.
    You need to add the 2.0.0.0 version to the GAC.
    In order to do that just drag the file a
    "<windows_directory>\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0<your_subversion>\System.EnterpriseServices.dll"
    to the "<windows_directory>\assembly\" folder.

    Before that just check the properties of the file to be sure it has the
    appropriate version number.

    Regards,
    Manish
    www.ComponentOne.com

    Manish, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Vp

    Mark Siedle Guest

    Hi

    I've run into the same problem. I didn't install any new applications, or do
    anything different, just logged in this morning and ran my web app and got
    the same error you mention above.

    I've tried aspnet_regiis -i, no luck

    I've run the repair op for .NET2.0, no luck

    I've tried dragging and dropping EnterpriseServices.dll into
    C:/Windows/assembly, but that seems to fail (screen refreshes but assembly
    doesn't show up in the list).

    I stupidly left automatic updates on when I reinstalled windows recently, so
    could this be related to a recent update?

    Thanks
    Mark

    Mark Siedle, Feb 6, 2008