VS2005 strips out MyBase.Load and MyBase.Init

tesis

Hi all gurus,
I'm moving a Web app of mine from VB2003 to VB2005 (I'm planning to jump
from VS2005 to 2010, jumping over 2008). I've managed to convert all
pages, DataSets, (Crystal) Reports and all other stuff. But, when I try
to modify an object (say, a DataAdapter) in object designer, VS messes
up my code, striping out MyBase.Load and MyBase.Init, transforming all
strings in dataAdapters' commands into objects contained in the
assiciated .resx files. When I try tu run these modified pages, of
course they don't behave correctly. So I've to MANUALLY reinsert
"Handles MyBase.Load/Init", move SQL commands' definition from resx file
to .vb. It's a bit annoying, and IMO a very stange behaviour. Old app
was built with an IT release, while VS2005 is en-US version (with VS2005
SP1). Has someone had my same issues? Can you pls point me to the right
direction? Lot of thanks in advance!