%w

Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr.

Logan Capaldo

Its syntax (of the sugary variety).

Just think about as being in the same category as x =3D [ 1,2,3 ]

The [ and ,'s in this case aren't methods of anything persay, tis =20
just the syntax for an array literal. %w is an alternate array =20
literal syntax, it just does a bit more.

Lars Francke

Hi,
Its syntax (of the sugary variety).

and if you really want to see how it is implemented have a look at the
function yylex() in the file parse.c.

You'll find something like:

case 'w':
lex_strterm = NEW_STRTERM(str_squote | STR_FUNC_QWORDS, term, paren);
do {c = nextc();} while (ISSPACE(c));
pushback(c);
return tQWORDS_BEG;

But I believe you were looking for Logans answer :)

Lars

Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira J

Hi!
and if you really want to see how it is implemented
have a look at the=20
function yylex() in the file parse.c.
But I believe you were looking for Logans answer :)

To be honest, for both answers. :)
Thanks Lars and Logan.=20