Want Microsoft Windows screen scraping code

Kevin Cline

I want to do some really low-level screen scraping. Is there any
module that will read the pixels from a Microsoft Windows window?

Bart Lateur

Kevin said:
I want to do some really low-level screen scraping. Is there any
module that will read the pixels from a Microsoft Windows window?

If all else faiuls, look into the Windows API. Win32::API is the
canonical module to interface to it.

Just stay away from the "new interface" for this module. Though it looks
appealing, I've had nothing but trouble with it (crashes).

Kevin Cline

Bart Lateur said:
If all else faiuls, look into the Windows API. Win32::API is the
canonical module to interface to it.

Thanks, all else did fail. I'll take a look there and see if I can
figure anything out. If I do, then I'll submit it to CPAN.