want to seperate the modules in dll, but same design shares

_thedebugger

Dear Friends,

We are developing one wbesite in visual studio 2005 and sql server 2000.

now my question is I want to seperate some modules on the website.
Like
1. there will be few sections, like general listing of winners and users
and other products.
2. Game Play Panel, Where user will use their username and password and
credit card details and play the game.
My first part is only database listing activitiy. but 2nd part is very
important and quite delicate, and never change the process. It is quite
complicated process, I dont want to touch it.
but the first part is very changable, updatable. I have to take care
everytime and test before I upload any new changes on the site.

Now my question is I want to create seperate dll's for each module. like
Winners section will have winner.dll, user registration mdoule will have
user.dll and playpannel will will play.dll

I wanted to know that is it possible in one solution but without seperating
the code. becasue all my design is same, dont want to sepearate the master
pages.

Also let me know the best practices for better performacne and speed up.

Regards
Sachin korgaonkar

Guest

To really answer your question I would like to know a few things.

1) What do you mean by module, are these class libs or aspx pages ?
2) When you make changes what all components do you change (just aspx pages
or aspx pages and class libs or more components)

If these are aspx pages then you need to check out "aspnet_compile" and
"aspnet_merge" tools which are available for pre-compiling you asp.net site.
There is a option of creating one assembly for each directory. So you can
create directories for each of the type and deploy just that part.

Hope this helps...

Cheers
Navnit