    /* visualisation step */

    Any hints towards getting or constructing such a framework are welcome.

    Claudio Grondi

    Claudio Grondi, Jul 2, 2006

  2. Claudio Grondi

    Guest

    Re: wanted: framework for creating nice step by step graphical visualisations of running Python code

    I remember Gato:
    http://gato.sourceforge.net/
    It animates only algorithms on graphs, but it seems a starting point,
    and it works.

    I vaguely remember another system, but probably not very good.

    Bye,
    bearophile

    , Jul 2, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I remember Gato:
    > http://gato.sourceforge.net/
    > It animates only algorithms on graphs, but it seems a starting point,
    > and it works.
    >
    > I vaguely remember another system, but probably not very good.
    >
    > Bye,
    > bearophile

    Yes, I have noticed Gato already before, but was not able to find my way
    into it - I am missing a kind of tutorial explaining what it is all
    about - the description of available classes or demos don't tell me much
    about it, so I have no idea how to start - is there any tutorial out
    there explaining it from the very beginning what is it for, how it does
    it and why?
    By the way: it seems to be very slow on my 3 GHz Pentium 4 system ...

    Any other hints?

    Claudio

    Claudio Grondi, Jul 3, 2006