Warning: <iframe> proprietary attribute "onload"

sam

Hi all,

When I use the HTML tidy tool in Firefox I see the following warning
which I want to get rid of . I cleared all the errors and warnings it
showed except for this one. I am not able to get rid of this, can
someone help me find a solution.

Warning: <iframe> proprietary attribute "onload"

I have the code defined like this where it throws the warning. I have
tries different DOCTYPEs ( strict and Transitional) but still the
warning persists.

<iframe src="/testsrc.php" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" '
'name="Popup" id="Popup" class="testframe" onload="resize(\'Popup\');">
</iframe>

Thanks,
Sam

David Dorward

sam said:
Warning: <iframe> proprietary attribute "onload"

I have the code defined like this where it throws the warning. I have
tries different DOCTYPEs ( strict and Transitional) but still the
warning persists.

There is no HTML standard which has an iframe element that has an onload
attribute.

sam

So there is no way I can get rid of this warning then. Is there any
other way that I can rewrite this small piece of iframe code so that I
use the correct markup standards and semantics.
Thanks for your reply.

-Sam

web.dev

sam said:
So there is no way I can get rid of this warning then. Is there any
other way that I can rewrite this small piece of iframe code so that I
use the correct markup standards and semantics.

Your iframe is referencing another (html) page. Why can't you just use
the onload attribute of that page, and then use functions defined in
the parent frame? However, it's not entirely reliable. For example,
if the page in the iframe loads faster than your parent frame, is there
anything that's being used in your function that may be dependent on
the parent frame being completely loaded first?