warning when doubly liked list is defined globally

chand

Hi.,

In my api.py file 'g_opt_list' is defined globally
g_opt_list =[[],[],[],[],[],[],[]]

when I run the py file, I am getting the Following Error

SyntaxWarning: name 'g_opt_list' is used prior to global declaration

Please let me know how to remove this error

Here is the code which gives the error...

Let me know exact reason for this Error and how to remove this
warning..

import os,sys,re,string,math
from xml.dom import minidom, Node
from Layer import Layer
from LMessage import *
from Param import *
from Message import *
from message_mapping import *
from protocol_mapping import *
from symbol_mapping import *
from opt_list_mapping import *
g_del_opt_list =[[],[],[],[],[],[],[]]
sflag = 0
index=0
del_index=0
radflag = 0
depth = 0
xmlflag = 0
opt_param_list = []
del_opt_param_list = []
#g_opt_list = []
MTAS_HOME="/home/chandras/XML_FILES/"
SIG_STANDARD_HOME = "/home/chandras/SIGNALLING_STANDARD/ANSI_SS7/"
symbols=['(',')','{','}','[',']','.']
reverse_symbols=['<','>','~']
layers=['MTP3','SCCP','IOS','CDTAPM2','CDTAPC2','ISUP','IS-41D-SQA']
GUI_API_COMMAND_LIST = [
"NEW",
"ADD_OPTIONAL_PARAM",
"DELETE_OPTIONAL_PARAM",
"DELETE_LAYER",
"RENAME"
]
BASE2 = "01"
BASE10 = "0123456789"
BASE16 = "0123456789ABCDEF"

Message_obj = Message()
filename =""
buffer = []
#LIST = []
def Process_GUI_Command(arg):
global Message_obj
global filename
print "### COMMAND ###", arg[0]
save_fd = os.dup(1)
if arg[0] == "DELETE_OPTIONAL_PARAM":
out_file = file('/tmp/te6.txt', 'w+')
elif arg[0] == "ADD_OPTIONAL_PARAM":
out_file = file('/tmp/te3.txt', 'w+')
else :
out_file = file('/tmp/te.txt', 'w+')
os.dup2(out_file.fileno(), sys.stdout.fileno())

if arg[0] == "NEW" :
global g_opt_list
Message_obj = Message()
layerList = listLayers("ANSI_Layers")
layerList = str(layerList)
layerList = layerList.replace(",","")
for i in range(0,len(g_opt_list)):
g_opt_list = []
os.dup2(save_fd, 1)
return layerList

elif arg[0] == "ADD_OPTIONAL_PARAM" :
global g_opt_list
global layers
global index
message_name = ""
layer_name = arg[1]
#print "Layer Name", layer_name
for layer in layers:
if layer == layer_name:
if
OPT_LIST_MAPPING.has_key(layer_name):
OPT_LIST_MAPPING[layer_name]
break if arg[2] != 'Null':
optional_parameter_name =
str(arg[2]).replace("+",",")
for symbol in reverse_symbols:
if symbol in optional_parameter_name:
if
SYMBOL_REVERSE_MAPPING.has_key(symbol):
old_symbol =
SYMBOL_REVERSE_MAPPING[symbol]
optional_parameter_name
=optional_parameter_name.replace(symbol,old_symbol)

Message_obj.AddParam(message_name,layer_name,optional_parameter_name )
else : optional_parameter_name= 'Null'

add_delete_flag = 0
param_name = optional_parameter_name
show_opts(layer_name,add_delete_flag,param_name)
if int(add_delete_flag) == 0:
add_delete_flag = 0
if optional_parameter_name != "Null":
optList =
Message_obj.showOptionalParameters(layer_name,add_delete_flag,optional_parameter_name)

g_opt_list[int(index)].append(optional_parameter_name)
for i in g_opt_list[int(index)]:
if
g_opt_list[int(index)].count(i) == 1:
optList =
Message_obj.showOptionalParameters(layer_name,add_delete_flag,i)

displayoptparams(optList,layer_name,0,"Null")
i= "Null"
optional_parameter_name = "Null"
add_delete_flag = 1

os.dup2(save_fd, 1)
else:
print "Invalid Option"

def show_opts(layer_name,add_delete_flag,param_name):
global index
global g_opt_list
#param_name = "Null"
List =
Message_obj.showOptionalParameters(layer_name,add_delete_flag,"Null")
if (len(List)== 0) :
return "None"

displayoptparams(List,layer_name,add_delete_flag,Message_obj._message_name)
if param_name == 'Null':
for i in g_opt_list[int(index)]:
if g_opt_list[int(index)].count(i) == 1:
optList =
Message_obj.showOptionalParameters(layer_name,add_delete_flag,i)

displayoptparams(optList,layer_name,0,"Null")
add_delete_flag = 1
return "None"

def main():

#choice = sys.argv[1]
print "####### choice ",
#Process_GUI_Command("NEW")
#list=CMSR.showOptionalParameters("SCCP",0)
#CMSR.saveXMLfile("CMSR2.xml","CMSR")

if __name__ == '__main__':
main()

--Thanks and bestregards.,
--Chandra

Fredrik Lundh

chand said:
In my api.py file 'g_opt_list' is defined globally
g_opt_list =[[],[],[],[],[],[],[]]

when I run the py file, I am getting the Following Error

SyntaxWarning: name 'g_opt_list' is used prior to global declaration

Please let me know how to remove this error

you left out the line number from that error message, and the code you
posted doesn't even compile:

File "chand.py", line 67
elif arg[0] == "ADD_OPTIONAL_PARAM" :
^
IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

(from what I can tell, you never assign to g_opt_list in that script, so it
sure looks like you didn't post the right version of your program. but
instead of reposting the code, look at the line Python told you to look
at; if you cannot figure out how to fix that, try to reduce the script to
a few lines before posting the code)

</F>

Daniel Dittmar

chand said:
Hi.,

In my api.py file 'g_opt_list' is defined globally

when I run the py file, I am getting the Following Error

SyntaxWarning: name 'g_opt_list' is used prior to global declaration

#g_opt_list = []

It seems that your variable names got mixed up.

Daniel