watir:How to click on play player obj embeded in browser.

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Suman Yerram, Dec 22, 2009.

  1. Suman Yerram

    Suman Yerram Guest

    Suman Yerram, Dec 22, 2009

  2. Hello,

    2009/12/22 Suman Yerram <>:
    > How to click on play icon in a media player object embeded in web
    > browser.

    Try to use firebug within firefox to see what characteristic of your
    button you could use to click on it.

    Cheers,

    --=20
    JJ Fleck
    PCSI1 Lyc=E9e Kl=E9ber

    Fleck Jean-Julien, Dec 22, 2009

  3. Suman Yerram

    Suman Yerram Guest

    Fleck Jean-Julien wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > 2009/12/22 Suman Yerram <>:
    >> How to click on play icon in a media player object embeded in web
    >> browser.

    > Try to use firebug within firefox to see what characteristic of your
    > button you could use to click on it.
    >
    > Cheers,

    Hi Jean

    I have take the screen shot of the media player object details using the
    IE dev connect and sending it for your information...help me in this
    regard

    regards
    suman

    Attachments:
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/4337/media_player_object_with_ie_dev_connect.GIF

    Suman Yerram, Dec 22, 2009
  4. Hello Suman

    > I have take the screen shot of the media player object details using the
    > IE dev connect and sending it for your information...help me in this
    > regard

    I would look at the <PARAM> fields to see if there is something
    interesting in there (but sorry, I've no idea if there will be
    anything...)

    Cheers,

    --=20
    JJ Fleck
    PCSI1 Lyc=E9e Kl=E9ber

    Fleck Jean-Julien, Dec 22, 2009
  5. Suman Yerram

    Suman Yerram Guest

    Fleck Jean-Julien wrote:
    > Hello Suman
    >
    >> I have take the screen shot of the media player object details using the
    >> IE dev connect and sending it for your information...help me in this
    >> regard

    > I would look at the <PARAM> fields to see if there is something
    > interesting in there (but sorry, I've no idea if there will be
    > anything...)
    >
    > Cheers,

    Hi Jean

    I am sending you the one of the <PARAM> fields screen shot for your
    information using IE Dev connect.....help me in this regard.

    Regards
    Suman

    Attachments:
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/4339/Param_value_screen_shot.GIF

    Suman Yerram, Dec 24, 2009
  6. Hello Suman,

    > I am sending you the =A0one of the <PARAM> fields screen shot for your
    > information using IE Dev connect.....help me in this regard.

    If watir_object is the watir object you are using, something like

    watir_object.button:)name,"ClickToPlay").click

    should do the trick. Note however that it could be something else than
    'button' (in my script, I have only used 'button' or 'link' to click
    on it) so look in the documentation to see what else respond to the
    'click' method.

    Cheers,

    --=20
    Jean-Julien Fleck