wctomb function for AVR

lorenzvvv

Hello!

I need to compile a program where wctomb and mbtowc functions are in.
These functions are useful for conversions from wide characters to
multi-byte and vice versa.
Avr-gcc lacks wctype.h (that contains them).
Does exist a library to include in my sources or should I write those
two functions on my own?

Thanks, in advance.
Lorenzo.

R Pradeep Chandran

I need to compile a program where wctomb and mbtowc functions are in.
These functions are useful for conversions from wide characters to
multi-byte and vice versa.
Avr-gcc lacks wctype.h (that contains them).
Does exist a library to include in my sources or should I write those
two functions on my own?

Since you need it for avr-gcc, it would be a good idea to ask in a
group like comp.arch.embedded

Personally, I don't think a lot of people would be needing wide
character operations on AVR. You might have to write your own.

Have a nice day,
Pradeep

CBFalconer

lorenzvvv said:
I need to compile a program where wctomb and mbtowc functions are
in. These functions are useful for conversions from wide characters
to multi-byte and vice versa.

Avr-gcc lacks wctype.h (that contains them). Does exist a library
to include in my sources or should I write those two functions on
my own?

gcc includes wctype.h, although you might be missing the library.
Try -std=c99 at compile time.

-- Francis Crick, co-discover of DNA
-- Thomas Matthews