    on a box on the page. On double clicking a county a new page with detail
    crime summary for that county should pop up. Any help/article to get started
    is appreciated. Thanks.

    Jack, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Jack

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?= wrote on 04 nov 2004 in
    > I need to work on a project with a state map with associated counties.
    > On clicking a county, it should give the summary stats of crime for
    > that county on a box on the page. On double clicking a county a new
    > page with detail crime summary for that county should pop up. Any
    > help/article to get started is appreciated. Thanks.

    [btw: Why are you all and Bush so preoccupied with crime in the US?]

    This is a clientside problem easiest solved with a clientside imagemap and
    some javascript as in Overlib. see:
    <http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/>

    However this is an ASP serverside NG, so this solution is OT.
    Please follow up in a clientside NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 4, 2004

  3. Jack

    Jack Guest

    First, if the whole thing can be handled with ASP. Secondly, I do not yet
    have idea
    as to how to get the counties to tie to the back-end. In other words, do I
    deal with one map image or more. Finally, as one moves from one county
    border to another the summary statistics change. Conceptually, how does this
    event is handled to pull data from back-end. Thanks

    Jack, Nov 4, 2004
  4. Jack

    Jack Guest

    This has nothing to do with Bush, rather, it is something to do with crime
    stats of a state online. Please see my further questions posted to Curt_C.
    Thanks.

    Jack, Nov 4, 2004
  5. Jack

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?= wrote on 04 nov 2004 in
    > "Evertjan." wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?= wrote on 04 nov 2004 in
    >> > I need to work on a project with a state map with associated
    >> > counties. On clicking a county, it should give the summary stats of
    >> > crime for that county on a box on the page. On double clicking a
    >> > county a new page with detail crime summary for that county should
    >> > pop up. Any help/article to get started is appreciated. Thanks.

    >> [btw: Why are you all and Bush so preoccupied with crime in the US?]
    >>
    >> This is a clientside problem easiest solved with a clientside
    >> imagemap and some javascript as in Overlib. see:
    >> <http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/>
    >>
    >> However this is an ASP serverside NG, so this solution is OT.
    >> Please follow up in a clientside NG.

    [topquoting corrected]

    > This has nothing to do with Bush,

    Even so, your answer on my jocular remark .... ;-}

    > rather, it is something to do with
    > crime stats of a state online. Please see my further questions posted
    > to Curt_C. Thanks.

    Did you follow the above link to Eric Bosrup's javascript solution?
    An example is on my page:
    <http://devrijehuisarts.org/asp/bestuur.asp>
    [Please mouseover the boardmembers on the photo]

    Are there any serverside issues you wish to adress?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Nov 5, 2004
  6. Jack

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:43:12 -0800, "Jack"
    <> wrote:

    >I need to work on a project with a state map with associated counties. On
    >clicking a county, it should give the summary stats of crime for that county
    >on a box on the page. On double clicking a county a new page with detail
    >crime summary for that county should pop up. Any help/article to get started
    >is appreciated. Thanks.

    Is this data coming from somewhere in particular? A database or other
    file? The pefect app would be a GIS-based application for this, but
    client-side image maps would be sufficient. Those aren't an ASP
    issue, though pulling the data from a database or other dynamic source
    might be. Google "image map" and see some examples of how to
    implement these.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 5, 2004