Web application only runs when connected to the Internet

Mindy Myers

I have been working on a web application for a while. All of a
sudden, I can only open the project when connected to the Internet.
If I'm not connected, I get an error message stating that "a
connection to the server could not be established."

It is strange because it used to work just fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hermit Dave

open the hosts file at this location (with notepad)
C:\WINXPPRO\system32\drivers\etc
replace WINXPPro with you machines windows directory
add an entry for

127.0.0.1 localhost
(if you dont find one)
it should work fine after this

Karun

Are you in offline mode in IE by any chance? Your web application will
not open in that case.

Make sure that your project name or location has not changed. Check
the .sln file to see if it is pointing to the correct project file.

Can you post the exact error message (copy/paste the message in the
dialog box)?

Karun.

Richard Loupatty

Hmmm. I already had that in my Hosts file. Thanks though.

Check if your ip-address of your Default Web Site Properties
in the Internet Information Server is set to [All Unassigned)

Richard Loupatty