Web Application with Crystal Report

Guest

If I want to print report in a web application, should I use Crystal Report?
Is it supported by all windows web server?

I also read that I can only make a user view a Crystal Report in a web
application, but can't print it. To print, the user have to click
"File|Print" in the web browser to print. Is this true? Can't I have a
"Print" button on the page to print the Crystal Report?

Lars Netzel

Since you are using a Web application you can not really talk directly to
the clients printer. So this means you will have to show the report in a way
that the user can print.

You can either not do anythign abotu it and let the user have to print via
the WEb browser of you can send the report to the client as another filtype,
this means exporting the report to another file on the server and then send
that file to the client. For example you export to a PDF and then the user
will get the report to open in Acrobat Reader and then print from there.

In our application we have a print button which opens the report as PDF
directly. It works nice. But I have MANY problems before the report worked
to export.

/Lars

Guest

Thanks. 1 more question, does using crystal report require me to buy license
first?