web browser display

TCMA

When I use a web browser to access a DSL router which has management
address http://192.168.2.1, after logging in by entering its password,
a screen is displayed.
If I want to modify the displayed screen appearance, (e.g. adding some
text to it), how to do that with a web browser?
Do I write a Java applet to run inside a web browser to do that?
Are there some sample Java applets to manage a DSL router?

Roedy Green

When I use a web browser to access a DSL router which has management
address http://192.168.2.1, after logging in by entering its password,
a screen is displayed.
If I want to modify the displayed screen appearance, (e.g. adding some
text to it), how to do that with a web browser?
Do I write a Java applet to run inside a web browser to do that?
Are there some sample Java applets to manage a DSL router?

There are several approaches.

The conceptually simplest is with a JWS or a signed Applet.

It does HTTP-GET/POSTs to the router, and captures the respones back.
see http://mindprod.com/fileio.html for how. Then it displays
something interesting in its Applet window using JTextFields etc.

If you have a server, your program can send something to the server to
help it generate a page to send back to the browser.

Your Signed Applet could generate a page on hard disk, and then direct
the browser to display it. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmlrendering.html