    Line 62: </authentication

    Source File: E:\WebApps\PDC\web.config Line: 60

    Luckily, my login page is named "Login.aspx", which happens to be the default for the loginURL attribute and I can remove this attribute and it works fine. But why am I getting this error?

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Jun 8, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Perhaps case sensativity.

    loginUrl
    not
    loginURL

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
    Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com

    "David" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When using forms authentication on my asp web app, I get the following

    error:

    > Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'loginURL'.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 58: -->
    > Line 59: <authentication mode="Forms" >
    > Line 60: <forms name="TBG_PDC_Auth" loginURL="Login.aspx" path="/"

    timeout="30" protection="All" >

    Curt_C [MVP], Jun 8, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    try pathing out the page/path perhaps?
    Otherwise, try manually retyping that whole line....
    Also, does the name="" need a "." to start with? Just know I've always used
    one since the sample had one :}

    --

    "David" <> wrote in message
    > No, I've tried all variations of case. It will return the error Parser

    Error Message "Unrecognized attribute 'loginurl'" with whichever case I put
    in.

    Curt_C [MVP], Jun 8, 2004
  4. RE: Web.config Forms Authentication SOLUTION

    If I remove the </forms> end tag and close the <forms tag with /> it works. Not sure why, but it does. Thanks for your help.

    --David

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Jun 11, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

    Richard Guest

    just remove the loginURL="Login.aspx". Its not needed since it always use
    the "login.aspx" file as default anyway.

    Richard, Jun 13, 2004