web designer needed to design website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Hal, Nov 27, 2007.

  1. Hal

    Hal Guest

    IS THIS THE best place to post this?

    if so great
    if not
    WHERE exactly is a good place to post this??

    I would like to find someone to design, build, help write, upload a
    new website

    The website is for a company that offers business services.

    The main purpose of the website is to attract customers.

    I have already done alot of research and have many keywords, etc.

    I have a good idea of what I want.

    it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    skills

    I want to do this for no investment so if it means finding someone
    that needs to practice and / or build a portfolio that would be great

    if your interested or know someone that would be good for this please
    let me know

    thanks Hal
    Hal, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Hal

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <
    m>,
    Hal <> wrote:

    > it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    > skills
    >
    > I want to do this for no investmen

    O yeah? I admire your honesty. I think?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Hal

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:06:17 GMT
    Hal scribed:

    > I would like to find someone to design, build, help write, upload a
    > new website
    >
    > The website is for a company that offers business services.
    >
    > The main purpose of the website is to attract customers.
    >
    > I have already done alot of research and have many keywords, etc.
    >
    > I have a good idea of what I want.
    >
    > it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    > skills
    >
    > I want to do this for no investment so if it means finding someone
    > that needs to practice and / or build a portfolio that would be great
    >
    > if your interested or know someone that would be good for this please
    > let me know
    >
    > thanks Hal

    Were you the demented computer in that movie a few years ago about a few
    years in the future?

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.
    Bone Ur, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Hal

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:19:25 GMT
    dorayme scribed:

    > In article
    > <
    > m>,
    > Hal <> wrote:
    >
    >> it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    >> skills
    >>
    >> I want to do this for no investmen

    > O yeah? I admire your honesty. I think?

    Don't you admire his gaul as well?

    Well, at least some of us can restrain our vitupretude non-commitally.

    Bone Ur, Nov 27, 2007
  5. Hal

    HAL 9000 Guest

    Bone Ur wrote:

    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:06:17 GMT
    > Hal scribed:
    >
    >> I would like to find someone to design, build, help write, upload a
    >> new website
    >>
    >> The website is for a company that offers business services.
    >>
    >> The main purpose of the website is to attract customers.
    >>
    >> I have already done alot of research and have many keywords, etc.
    >>
    >> I have a good idea of what I want.
    >>
    >> it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    >> skills
    >>
    >> I want to do this for no investment so if it means finding someone
    >> that needs to practice and / or build a portfolio that would be great
    >>
    >> if your interested or know someone that would be good for this please
    >> let me know
    >>
    >> thanks Hal

    > Were you the demented computer in that movie a few years ago about a few
    > years in the future?

    I'm sorry, Bone. He can't answer that.

    --
    HAL 9000
    HAL 9000, Nov 27, 2007
  6. Hal

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:11:43
    GMT HAL 9000 scribed:

    >>> thanks Hal

    >> Were you the demented computer in that movie a few years ago about a
    >> few years in the future?

    > I'm sorry, Bone. He can't answer that.

    Ah hah! I knew it! Another sneaky, sinister cyborg strategm to snooker us
    humans into lethargic complacency. Anyway, I hope he isn't your son and
    that your smarter despite the handicap of a semi-conducting mind and a
    voice which sounds like the result of waaaay too much valium.

    Bone Ur, Nov 27, 2007
  7. On Nov 27, 2:06 am, Hal <> wrote:
    > IS THIS THE best place to post this?

    Not really, but lets continue

    > I would like to find someone to design, build, help write, upload a
    > new website

    Great!

    > The website is for a company that offers business services.

    Good

    > The main purpose of the website is to attract customers.

    Pretty typical reason

    > I have already done alot of research and have many keywords, etc.

    Good start, this will help

    > I have a good idea of what I want.

    Awesome, it is always a good thing if you have a general idea of what
    you want.

    > it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    > skills

    Plenty of people here like that

    > I want to do this for no investment so if it means finding someone
    > that needs to practice and / or build a portfolio that would be great

    Damn, look at the time. I did not realize it was this late. Uh, I
    have to get home. Good luck finding someone..
    Travis Newbury, Nov 27, 2007
  8. Hal

    rf Guest

    "Bone Ur" <> wrote in message
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:11:43
    > GMT HAL 9000 scribed:

    >>> Were you the demented computer in that movie a few years ago about a
    >>> few years in the future?

    >> I'm sorry, Bone. He can't answer that.

    > Ah hah! I knew it! Another sneaky, sinister cyborg strategm to snooker
    > us
    > humans into lethargic complacency. Anyway, I hope he isn't your son and
    > that your smarter despite the handicap of a semi-conducting mind and a
    > voice which sounds like the result of waaaay too much valium.

    Ah, but do you know that HAL is equal to IBM minus 1 (letter by letter)?

    --
    Richard.
    rf, Nov 27, 2007
  9. Hal

    David Segall Guest

    Hal <> wrote:

    >IS THIS THE best place to post this?
    >
    >if so great
    >if not
    >WHERE exactly is a good place to post this??
    >
    >I would like to find someone to design, build, help write, upload a
    >new website
    >
    >The website is for a company that offers business services.
    >
    >The main purpose of the website is to attract customers.
    >
    >I have already done alot of research and have many keywords, etc.
    >
    >I have a good idea of what I want.
    >
    >it would be great to find someone that can write well and has SEO
    >skills
    >
    >I want to do this for no investment so if it means finding someone
    >that needs to practice and / or build a portfolio that would be great
    >
    >if your interested or know someone that would be good for this please
    >let me know

    There is a great web site that provides free web page designs at
    <http://www.oswd.org/>. There is an excellent, free web site
    development program that includes a simple tool to upload your web
    pages at <http://kompozer.sourceforge.net/>. You can even host your
    web site without paying any more than the annual cost of registering
    your domain name (see <http://www.profectus.com.au/ee_cheapweb.html>).
    Alas, there is no tool that will write correct, convincing English
    prose for you. If you don't have a literate friend or relative you
    will have to pay someone.
    David Segall, Nov 27, 2007
  10. While the city slept, rf () feverishly typed...

    [HAL]
    > Ah, but do you know that HAL is equal to IBM minus 1 (letter by
    > letter)?

    And... I had an interview at IBM in the year 2000... which is 2001 minus 1!
    :)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss http://www.nigenet.org.uk
    Mail address will bounce. | Take the DOG. out!
    nice.guy.nige, Nov 27, 2007
  11. On Nov 27, 9:27 am, "nice.guy.nige" <> wrote:
    > > Ah, but do you know that HAL is equal to IBM minus 1 (letter by
    > > letter)?

    > And... I had an interview at IBM in the year 2000... which is 2001 minus 1!

    I was born in 1957 which is 1958 minus 1! Damn! This is getting
    creepy...
    Travis Newbury, Nov 27, 2007
  12. On Nov 27, 8:56 am, David Segall <> wrote:
    > There is a great web site that provides free web page designs at
    > <http://www.oswd.org/>.

    They all look the same. Sure change a color, change an image, but
    essentially they are all exactly the same.

    I prefer my websites to stand out from the competition.
    Travis Newbury, Nov 27, 2007
  13. Hal

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:12:22
    GMT rf scribed:

    >>> I'm sorry, Bone. He can't answer that.

    >> Ah hah! I knew it! Another sneaky, sinister cyborg strategm to
    >> snooker us
    >> humans into lethargic complacency. Anyway, I hope he isn't your son
    >> and that your smarter despite the handicap of a semi-conducting mind
    >> and a voice which sounds like the result of waaaay too much valium.

    > Ah, but do you know that HAL is equal to IBM minus 1 (letter by
    > letter)?

    I never knew that. Perhaps it explains the malady of that guy with the
    broken shopping website when he chose to use the euphemism "we" during
    pressure from the markupedly righteous.

    Bone Ur, Nov 27, 2007
  14. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Travis Newbury
    <> writing in

    > On Nov 27, 9:27 am, "nice.guy.nige" <> wrote:
    >> > Ah, but do you know that HAL is equal to IBM minus 1 (letter by
    >> > letter)?

    >> And... I had an interview at IBM in the year 2000... which is 2001
    >> minus 1!

    > I was born in 1957 which is 1958 minus 1! Damn! This is getting
    > creepy...

    I was born in 1957, in February, which is March minus 1 (month).

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Nov 28, 2007
  15. Hal

    David Segall Guest

    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    >On Nov 27, 8:56 am, David Segall <> wrote:
    >> There is a great web site that provides free web page designs at
    >> <http://www.oswd.org/>.

    >They all look the same. Sure change a color, change an image, but
    >essentially they are all exactly the same.

    I'm a programmer, not a designer, so I can't see the similarity
    between, for example,
    <http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/3401> and
    <http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2672>. Could you explain
    please.
    David Segall, Nov 28, 2007
  16. Hal

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Travis Newbury
    > <> writing in

    >>> And... I had an interview at IBM in the year 2000... which is 2001
    >>> minus 1!

    >> I was born in 1957 which is 1958 minus 1! Damn! This is getting
    >> creepy...
    >>

    > I was born in 1957, in February, which is March minus 1 (month).

    I was born in 1950 which is 1 less than 1951. If you add up the digits
    in 1950 that is 15, which is 1 less than how old I was in 1966 and
    adding up the digits in 1951 is 16! Omigod! If you add up the digits
    in 1966 that's 22. Which is 1 less than 23, which is when I got married
    (in 1973)! And if you add up 1973, that's 20 which is 1 less than 21
    which is 1 less than 1966 adds up to! I think I'm going to faint!

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Nov 28, 2007
  17. Hal

    Tina Peters Guest

    "Ed Mullen" <> wrote in message
    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Travis Newbury
    >> <> writing in
    >>> I was born in 1957 which is 1958 minus 1! Damn! This is getting
    >>> creepy...
    >>>

    >> I was born in 1957, in February, which is March minus 1 (month).
    >>

    > I was born in 1950 which is 1 less than 1951. If you add up the digits in
    > 1950 that is 15, which is 1 less than how old I was in 1966 and adding up
    > the digits in 1951 is 16! Omigod! If you add up the digits in 1966
    > that's 22. Which is 1 less than 23, which is when I got married (in
    > 1973)! And if you add up 1973, that's 20 which is 1 less than 21 which is
    > 1 less than 1966 adds up to! I think I'm going to faint!

    Reminds me of that ridiculous movie "23".

    --Tina
    Tina Peters, Nov 28, 2007
  18. Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Travis Newbury
    >> <> writing in
    >>> I was born in 1957 which is 1958 minus 1! Damn! This is getting
    >>> creepy...
    >>>

    >> I was born in 1957, in February, which is March minus 1 (month).
    >>

    > I was born in 1950 which is 1 less than 1951. If you add up the digits
    > in 1950 that is 15, which is 1 less than how old I was in 1966 and
    > adding up the digits in 1951 is 16! Omigod! If you add up the digits
    > in 1966 that's 22. Which is 1 less than 23, which is when I got married
    > (in 1973)! And if you add up 1973, that's 20 which is 1 less than 21
    > which is 1 less than 1966 adds up to! I think I'm going to faint!

    Yes be we have the special distinction of being born in 57 and
    graduating in 75!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan