Web Farm

Krishnan

Hi,
We run a multi-proc machine and have to store some objects that are not
serializable into the session object and hence wouldn't be able to use SQL
server session. Is there anyway to implement IP affinity to a particular
asp.net process?

TIA
Krishnan

garethdjames

are you using web gardening? if so, session state must be maintianed
out of process

how difficult would it be to implement ISerialiazable on the object?
this way it could be serialized

Krishnan

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. I use web-gardening on a multi-proc. Session state is maintained in the
state server. However, if I have an IP affinity on the asp.net process,
can't I just have in-proc maintenance? How should I exactly implement this?
Is IP affinity configurable only through NLB and is not for a multi-proc
machine?

TIA
Krishnan