Web Form

Steve

Can anyone show me how to create a webform of about six fields and a submit
button that when clicked appends the data in the fields to a Microsoft Access
database table on a network.

Thanks for all help!

Steve

Steve

William,

Thanks for responding!

Excuse my dumb question, what is required to be installed on a server to be able
to run Asp? Is Asp special software?

Thanks,

Steve

Toby A Inkster

Steve said:
Excuse my dumb question, what is required to be installed on a server to be able
to run Asp? Is Asp special software?

The server must either be:

* Microsoft IIS; or

* Apache with mod_perl enabled and the Apache::ASP Perl module installed.

William Tasso

Toby said:
The server must either be:

* Microsoft IIS; or

* Apache with mod_perl enabled and the Apache::ASP Perl module
installed.

Yes, but as the O/P was a MS-Access question I suspect he needs a Windows
(IIS) server or perhaps a different RDBMS.

Re-reading the O/P - it seems this could be an intranet issue. IIS is
trivial to install/set up on any NT4/5 server - assuming you have the
necessary admin rights.

Steve

William,

So are you saying that an install of IIS will include whatever is necessary to
run ASP code? Even dumber question, can you buy ASP in a box and install it?

Thanks,

Steve

Leif K-Brooks

Steve said:
So are you saying that an install of IIS will include whatever is necessary to
run ASP code? Even dumber question, can you buy ASP in a box and install it?

Besides some attempts to clone ASP, IIS is the only thing which can run
ASP. And you can buy IIS in a box.

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:46:50 GMT, Leif K-Brooks is reported to
have stated:
(one of the groups trimmed - doesn't exist on my server)
Besides some attempts to clone ASP,

Like Sun's version (used to be called Chili!Soft, now Sun ONE Active Server
Pages). That's what our host uses (on a Linux box, of course).
IIS is the only thing which can run ASP. And you can buy IIS in a box.

It even comes included with various flavours of Windoze.

f'ups to alt.html

William Tasso

Steve wrote:

Please don't top-post (look it up)
So are you saying that an install of IIS will include whatever is
necessary to run ASP code?
yep

Even dumber question, can you buy ASP in a
box and install it?

Most usefully, it comes in the box with Win2k Server and Win2k3 Server.
There is an free Option pack for NT4.

Forget the *nix implementations if you need ASP to manage an Access
database.