Web Matrix problem, can't add table rows

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Richard Fagen, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Hi Everyone,

    I can't seem to be able to add rows to a table. In the tutorial, the
    example asks to drag a table element

    "ASP.NET Pages with Data (Microsoft Access) - Creating Data Methods"

    Step #11 From the HTML Elements tab on the Toolbox, drag a Table
    element onto the page, then hit the Enter key to insert an empty space..

    Step #12 Add an additional row to the table (by right clicking on the
    Table and selecting the Add Table Row context menu item):

    I can drag the table element, but it doesn't look like the example, ie
    mine only has one row. When I right click, I see the context menu with
    the option for "Add Table Row" but it does nothing.

    The HTML tab shows:
    <head>
    </head>
    <form runat="server">
    <asp:Table id="Table1" runat="server"></asp:Table>
    <!-- Insert content here -->
    </form>

    Any idea why I can't add rows?

    Richard