Web Matrix - typo error screwed me up for a bit

Richard Fagen

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed several typos in the Web Matrix tutorial (I know they are
unavoidable) but I'd like to point out ones that screwed my up for a
while and hopefully, it will help others.

---

I was going through the Web Matrix and got stuck on ..
ASP.NET Pages with Data (SQL Server/MSDE) - Populate a DropDownList

Step 24 says.. Add a Page_Load method event handler that populates the
DropDownList with the results of calling the GetOrders function on the
initial (non postback) visit to the ASP.NET Page:

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
DropDownList1.DataTextField = "OrderID" DropDownList1.DataSource
= GetOrders() DropDownList1.DataBind()
End If
End Sub

I get a message..
"Compiler Error Message: BC30205: End of statement expected"

To me, this appears as mulitple commands. I tried this and it works.

Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
DropDownList1.DataTextField = "OrderID"
DropDownList1.DataSource = GetOrders()
DropDownList1.DataBind()
End If
End Sub

They also did the same thing in Step #27, ie it should be multiple stmt too.

Is there any specific place I can check (or send) comments about this
tutorial errors?

Richard