    server to localhost:8080 but that doesn't seem to help.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Comcast, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Are you using VS.NET? If you specify the address http://mysite:8080 when you
    create the Web application in VS.NET, does it create it and find it?

    "Comcast" <> wrote in message
    I have multiple development nodes on my network so each machine has a
    different port for the web server. On one particular machine I'd like to
    change the web port to 8080, but then when I try to start a new ASP.NET web
    project and it goes out to check the server, it doesn't find it. I've tried
    playing with the proxcfg.exe utility to change the default http: proxy

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jul 16, 2003

  3. Comcast

    Comcast Guest

    Yes, I'm using Visual Studio.Net. Where would I specify this each time I
    start a new project? Is there someplace where I could just tell it to
    permanently look at http://localhost:8080 instead of http://localhost which
    it is now? (picture attached)

    Comcast, Jul 16, 2003