Web service client using https

welcomestocontact

Hi All,

I am trying to connect .NET web service using HTTPS. I wrote a
python script using https. For that need to send SOAP message to the
server. But it is giving error 401.3 execution access is denied.(SOAP
message not processing)
I have a doubt can we access web services using HTTPS
only, or need to have any other.
I am sending the code::
Code:
import httplib
a=open('/root/Desktop/b.xml','r')

#SOAP message
Message=a.read()
h =httplib.HTTPS('hpc.msftlabs.com')
h.putrequest('PUT','/HPCBasicProfile/HPCBasicProfile.svc')
h.putheader('Accept','text/soap')
h.putheader('Content-type','text/jsl; charset="utf-8"')
h.putheader('Content-length','%s' % str(len(Message)))
h.putheader('SOAPAction','http://schemas.ggf.org/bes/2006/08/
besfactory/BESFactoryPortType/CreateActivity')
..endheaders()

h.send(Message)

errcode,errmsg, headers = h.getreply()
print errcode,errmsg, headers
f = h.getfile() # Get file object for reading data
data = f.read()
print data
f.close()

Please guid me to access web service.

Thanks
Allavarapu

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <[email protected]>,
I am trying to connect .NET web service using HTTPS. I wrote a
python script using https. For that need to send SOAP message to the
server. But it is giving error 401.3 execution access is denied.(SOAP
message not processing)

Does it work over non-secure HTTP, just for comparison? (I know, don't do it
for production use, only for testing.)

Are you able to compare your code with some other working code? You could
try concatenating the complete request into a text file and sending that
with wget, to see if it works.