web service in java

M D

I am new to the web service in java.
in .net, i can save the session state with webmethod[ session=enable]
Can i do the similar thing with java's web service?

SK

Simon Brooke

I am new to the web service in java.
in .net, i can save the session state with webmethod[ session=enable]
Can i do the similar thing with java's web service?

If I understand what you're saying, you don't need to do anything because
in Java session information is preserved by default for the length of the
session. In other words, what would be hard would be to do the equivalent
of session=disable.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

M said:
I am new to the web service in java.
in .net, i can save the session state with webmethod[ session=enable]
Can i do the similar thing with java's web service?

If you are using Apache Axis then you can specify
scope in the deployment descriptor:

<parameter name="scope" value="application"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="session"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="request"/>

Arne

Lew

Arne said:
M said:
I am new to the web service in java.
in .net, i can save the session state with webmethod[ session=enable]
Can i do the similar thing with java's web service?

If you are using Apache Axis then you can specify
scope in the deployment descriptor:

<parameter name="scope" value="application"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="session"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="request"/>

As I understand it, this has nothing to do with session state in Web services,
but with the lifetime of the web service class instance. IOW, the object that
serves the request is a "singleton" if the lifetime is "application", but a
new object handles every request if it's "request".

I also am not aware of any meaningful concept of a session in (SOAP-based) Web
services. I am ready to be corrected on that point.

I have developed a few Web services based on Axis (1.x).

- Lew