webctrl_client display issues...please help...

C

Chris Marsh

Hello,

We have been using the "webctrl_client controls" for a while now in a variety of applications. And, at this one a client site where via "localhost" the treeview displays perfectly yet when we try to display the treeview from the ourside world it fails. Just click on the link and you will see exactly what I mean:

http://216.70.227.3/demofood/Department.aspx?Department=Menu&Group=&DisplayInventory=true

As you can see the tree nodes do not display rather they just wrap in a paragraph format. I don't know where else to turn for assistance. We are lost because it doesn't make any sense. Again, if I replace the 216.70.227.3 address with "localhost" then the treeview will be displayed properly.

The server is a 2003 SBS box.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

P

Patrick.O.Ige

Welcome to the Newsgroup
Chris are you ising ASP v1.1 Webcontrol or v2.0?
Its seems as if you didn't install the webcontrol properly and i guess thats why it isn't rendering well
Try making sure all the images and compiled stuff are pointing to the correct folder etc..
Hope that helps.
Patrick
** If you have more questions post it

Hello,

We have been using the "webctrl_client controls" for a while now in a variety of applications. And, at this one a client site where via "localhost" the treeview displays perfectly yet when we try to display the treeview from the ourside world it fails. Just click on the link and you will see exactly what I mean:

http://216.70.227.3/demofood/Department.aspx?Department=Menu&Group=&DisplayInventory=true

As you can see the tree nodes do not display rather they just wrap in a paragraph format. I don't know where else to turn for assistance. We are lost because it doesn't make any sense. Again, if I replace the 216.70.227.3 address with "localhost" then the treeview will be displayed properly.

Thank you in advance!

Chris

C

Chris Marsh

Thank you for the response. To the best of my knowledge the folder structure is correct. I don't know where else to turn and have countless hours into this problem, I see many-many users have the same problem listed on various websites. Do you have any other suggestions?
Welcome to the Newsgroup
Chris are you ising ASP v1.1 Webcontrol or v2.0?
Its seems as if you didn't install the webcontrol properly and i guess thats why it isn't rendering well
Try making sure all the images and compiled stuff are pointing to the correct folder etc..
Hope that helps.
Patrick
** If you have more questions post it

Hello,

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Reaction score
I have the same problem

Hello, this would be my first post ever to a developer site. :)

I have been working on an FTP web site for an intranet. It's in .NET 1.1, C#. I had to get the Microsoft WebControls to get a treeview for the display. On the development server (not even my own PC) everything worked fine, with a bit of a fight. Its now deployment time and the damn thing wont work no matter what. It displays the file system much like a paragraph - just continuous flowing text. Its like the system doesn't know what a treeview is. Interestingly I didn't even have to install the controls on the development server, only my own machine. But I have installed them on the live server anyway - still nothing.

Am thinking of using this as ammunition to get the company into .net 3 ;-)

If anyone can help I'll send you a virtual beer. Or better yet I'll fax you one!

TimmyC

Last edited:

Ask a Question