Webform based on abstract class

Miguel Núñez Pereyra

Hi,

why IDE doesn't render my webform derived from an abstract class which, in
turn, is based on System.Web.UI.Page?
App compiles and works fine except I get a "Type Abstract" error when I try
to open with Web Forms designer.
I can resolve the problem simply cutting off the abstract attribute but I
would like to forbid direct use of the base class.
Any ideas?

Thank,

Miguel.

Scott Allen

Unfortunately this behavior is "by design". The only way around it is
to remove the abstract keyword. I'm not sure if VS 2005 will address
this or not...

Scott Allen

I just tried this on the May CTP and it appears the designer doesn't
mind an abstract base in the hierarchy now. It did take some wrestling
to get it to work, but part of that was coming to terms with the new
partial class stuff.