WebPartZone - SQL Server 2000 - Login failed for user '(null)'

PaulOak

Hi all,

I have the following problem:

1. web site (asp.net 2.0 C#).
2. WebPartZone, which contains one user control.
3. SQL Server 2000 running on dedicated DB server, hosting the aspnetdb
database. Configured with aspnet_regsql.exe tool
4. Using Impersonation
5. Web.config:

<configuration>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="PersonalizationConnectionString"
connectionString="Data Source=dbserver;Initial
Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True"
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>
<system.web>
<identity impersonate="true"/>

<webParts>
<personalization
defaultProvider="SqlPersonalizationProvider">
<providers>
<add name="SqlPersonalizationProvider"

type="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.SqlPersonalizationProvider"
connectionStringName="PersonalizationConnectionString"
applicationName="/" />
</providers>
<authorization>
<deny users="*" verbs="enterSharedScope" />
<allow users="*" verbs="modifyState" />
</authorization>
</personalization>
</webParts>
</system.web>
</configuration>

And here is the problem. On my local development machine works
everything fine. But when I deploy the application to the production
server comes the following error: Login failed for user '(null)'.
Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. This
problem occurs only when I try to open the web page which contains the
WebPartZone. There is no problem with the other web pages. When I check
the eventviewer of DB server I can see that only for this web page,
which contains the WebPartZone the application tries to connect with
ASPNET account eventhough impersonation is being used.

Any help is really appreciated,
10x