Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:32:26 -0500
From: Useko Netsumi <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
Subject: WEBrick examples repositories

First of all, bravo WEBrick creator and contributors.

Perhaps you webrick'ers can help me out on how to extend webrick example
into a full fledge small dynamic ruby application.

I've run the WEBrick server but don't know how to extend it beyond -
execute/run another ruby or serving another html file within e.g /htdocs.

How to configure webrick to recognize .rb/.rbx/.rhtml extension? Do you need
apache/eruby/mod_ruby/fastcgi?
etc.etc...

One last question, is there any good Web Application Framework written in
Ruby. I'd love to convert my simple photo browsing apps written in PHP to
Ruby.

Thanks

if you download the webrick tar ball from the raa the 'sample' directory
contains some of what you are looking for.

-a
--

ATTN: please update your address books with address below!

| PHONE :: 303.497.6469
| STP :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/stp/
| NGDC :: http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/
| NESDIS :: http://www.nesdis.noaa.gov/
| NOAA :: http://www.noaa.gov/
| US DOC :: http://www.commerce.gov/
|
| The difference between art and science is that science is what we
| understand well enough to explain to a computer.
| Art is everything else.
| -- Donald Knuth, "Discover"
|
| /bin/sh -c 'for l in ruby perl;do $l -e "print \"\x3a\x2d\x29\x0a\"";done'

Useko Netsumi

Thanks Ara. The example is good but I can't find the one with either MySQL
or SQLite.

Particularly in viewing database search result. How to break down the
database result into set of xx record and navigate thru it visually -- next
page, prev page, next record, prev record, start, end ...etc.

I've seen some neat thing done with php ...e.g
http://www.justinvincent.com/

The result is quite fast. Perhaps I can find similar functionality in Ruby.
Thanks again.

Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 10:32:26 -0500
From: Useko Netsumi <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby

[...]