WebService-Error: "the found request-type is 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but 'text/xml' was expected

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello NG!

    I try to call a WebService from a mobile device. The WebService should
    return a DataSet, so the call looks like

    mDataSet = mWebSrv.GetDataSet(<Params>)

    but instead of returning a DataSet, that call throws an error:

    InvalidOperationException
    "the found request-type is 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but 'text/xml' was
    expected"

    (or something like that, it's a german system)

    I guess that's because ASP.NET tries to send a html-formated message to my
    mobile device about an error occured on the server, right? That error only
    occurs on the deploy-server, with an 'ide-connected' server on my lokal
    workstation it works.

    Is there a possibility to avoid this behaviour? And how to get the real
    message which is within the received html? I thougth the return of a
    WebService always is XML (SOAP), why ASP.NET tries to send back html?

    Or is there an other reason for that error?

    Thanks, D.Barisch

    Guest, Feb 20, 2004