    I will appreciate any help.
    thanks
    Rajesh
    raj, Jul 24, 2003

  2. raj,

    > I am new to this web service concept.
    > I have following requirment for a web method--
    >
    > web service check for some data
    > if data is ok -- returns a value
    > if data is not ok- returns a value
    >
    > Now My requirement is to continue some processing if data
    > is ok. though I have to return a value immediately.Whether
    > the coninued process failed does not have any affect on
    > the user.
    >
    > can anyone point me out how to approch this problem.
    > I will appreciate any help.

    I'd probably spin off the real work unto a Queued Component running in COM+
    or use MSMQ to send a message to a service...

    --
    Tomas Restrepo
    Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\), Jul 24, 2003

  3. raj

    raj Guest

    IS there a way to implement this in web service.
    is there a way to return a value and continue process?

    raj, Jul 24, 2003
  4. How about using threads, would that work? From your main function you call
    a new function in a thread then return your value from the main function,
    so:

    function mainwebfunction(params) as integer
    dim m as new thread(addressof newFunction)
    m.start()

    ''do some stuff here
    return value
    end function

    function newFunction()
    ''write your continuation code here
    end function

    I'm just not sure if newFunction will just stop when the mainFunction
    returns when using webservices?

    Steven

    Steven Licciardi, Jul 24, 2003