WebService with dynamic body content? (Axis2 or ??)

Discussion in 'Java' started by pwkpete@yahoo.com, Dec 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello all,

    A little background to start:
    I currently have a an XML over HTTP service that maps XML data to
    corresponding mainframe fields, runs the transaction, returns the
    result via reverse mapping to XML. This translation process is driven
    by database tables which I also use to generate schemas for the
    individual requests. We felt that making this translation dynamic
    allowed us to make changes on the back end without having to redeploy
    code at middle tier layers. (Same transaction may have slightly
    different content (less/more) depending on the version of the
    transaction being run (from what server).

    Now I would like to wrap this process with SOAP, but I am having some
    difficulty determining the best method for doing this.

    The goal is to be able to generate dynamic WSDL that contains the
    content for the specific underlying transaction.

    I could simply wrap a call to our translation engine in AXIS2, and have
    a field that contains the internal message itself, but you loose much
    of the benefit behind this process.

    Any thoughts, ideas, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

    Best regards,
    -Pete

    , Dec 12, 2006