Webservices XML, XSLT and the Dataset

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Joseph, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. Joseph

    Joseph Guest

    I've been working with webservices on and off the last couple of days and
    have been trying to figure out how what's the best way of formatting XML
    data sent by them. I have a legacy application that requires specific node
    names and data structure.

    I've created webservices that return a dataset, xmldatadocument and even
    build an XML document in memory to to the calling application - but these
    solutions don't offer the flexibility or preformance I'm after.

    I created an XSLT that defines what my data needs to be transformed into,
    but am having trouble getting a dataset to transform using it and output as
    an XML document. The few samples I've found on this are using "real" xml
    documents vice a dataset, and I can't get them to work.

    Can anyone provide a sample (VB.NET or C#) of a dataset being formated with
    an XSLT?

    Thanks for any assistance. What I'm doing now works but it isn't the "best"
    way and I'm driving myself crazy knowing there's the "better" way staring me
    in the face.

    Joseph

    Joseph, Feb 17, 2004