Website template with ASP.NET and C#

ChrisW

I am thinking of putting up a website and so I am looking for
templates. Basically I have VS 2005 and kinda know how to use ASP.NET
and C#. What I think I want is something easy to create menus. You
know, so that there is a menu down the bottom that changes the menu
options up on top. And the same menu is on every page (like maybe a
template.)

Can anyone recommend a good website template with a good menu bar? I
dont mind paying as long as it is not a whole heck of a lot.

Thanks

ChrisW

clintonG

In addition to what Peter had to say about the use of Master Pages which
allow is to build reusable page layouts as "templates" you should also be
advised that ASP.NET 2.0 introduced a new control called the Menu Control
(ta-da).

As a neophyte you would be wise to use the Menu control and for now forget
about your wild assed ideas until you actually know what you're doing.

The best website I know of to help us all understand Master Pages has been
K. Scott Allen's http://odetocode.com/ but you must also delve into
Microsoft's site at http://asp.net/. You will also want to learn and use the
CSS Adapters as soon as possible which are available via the asp.net
website.

Finally, it was wise of you to select C# as it's punctuation is exactly like
JavaScript, both must be mastered if you intend to become a web developer
and you learn two for the price of one so to speak.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com