Website to serve a large number of images

rich.nw3

I would like to build a website that just serves images.

i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
and are able to be clicked on for full size.

Is there a website builder that will do this for me?

Thanks.

Richard

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ (e-mail address removed) ] on Monday 24 April 2006 14:39 \__
I would like to build a website that just serves images.

i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
and are able to be clicked on for full size.

Is there a website builder that will do this for me?

Thanks.

Richard

One package I would consider is Gallery. There are 5 (at the least) methods
of uploading images, which are then processed to create thumbnails,
standard-sized versions, and originals, all of which are accessible in
'HotLink mode'. Are you trying to achieve anything like PhotoBucket or
Flickr who permit HotLinking?

If you want a quick and dirty (also less scalable) tool, have a look at PHP
File Manager:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpfilemanager/

It will probably need some modifications (it is unsafe as-is) and some
additional code for thumbnails. The idea is simple, however. You drop your
images into a given directory, which includes the script and here is what
you get:

http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/screenshots/ (scroll to the right)

If you want to use my modified script, start from:

http://schestowitz.com/util.htm#php_file

Hope it helps,

Roy

Jamie Allison

I would like to build a website that just serves images.

i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
and are able to be clicked on for full size.

Is there a website builder that will do this for me?
Do you already have hosting?

I host with these guys who install their photo gallery script for free which
allows you to upload images and automatically create scripts etc.

http://www.fuzzymonkey.net/software/photogallery/

For an example go to http://www.jamieallison.net/cgi-bin/photos/index.cgi

cypete

Jamie Allison skrev:
Do you already have hosting?

I host with these guys who install their photo gallery script for free which
allows you to upload images and automatically create scripts etc.

http://www.fuzzymonkey.net/software/photogallery/

For an example go to http://www.jamieallison.net/cgi-bin/photos/index.cgi
Maybe I got something for you Richard. Check this site up and look for
Cofeecup flash photo gallery. The link is
http://www.down-loads.se/coffeecup.html. If you dont see anything try
to refresh.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, (e-mail address removed) vouchsafed:
I would like to build a website that just serves images.

i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
and are able to be clicked on for full size.

Is there a website builder that will do this for me?

Many, but the price is mundanety.