    Thanks.

    Richard

    , Apr 24, 2006

  2. __/ [ ] on Monday 24 April 2006 14:39 \__

    > I would like to build a website that just serves images.
    >
    > i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
    > and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
    > and are able to be clicked on for full size.
    >
    > Is there a website builder that will do this for me?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Richard

    One package I would consider is Gallery. There are 5 (at the least) methods
    of uploading images, which are then processed to create thumbnails,
    standard-sized versions, and originals, all of which are accessible in
    'HotLink mode'. Are you trying to achieve anything like PhotoBucket or
    Flickr who permit HotLinking?

    If you want a quick and dirty (also less scalable) tool, have a look at PHP
    File Manager:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpfilemanager/

    It will probably need some modifications (it is unsafe as-is) and some
    additional code for thumbnails. The idea is simple, however. You drop your
    images into a given directory, which includes the script and here is what
    you get:

    http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/screenshots/ (scroll to the right)

    If you want to use my modified script, start from:

    http://schestowitz.com/util.htm#php_file

    Hope it helps,

    Roy

    Roy Schestowitz, Apr 24, 2006

  3. <> wrote in message
    >I would like to build a website that just serves images.
    >
    > i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
    > and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
    > and are able to be clicked on for full size.
    >
    > Is there a website builder that will do this for me?

    Do you already have hosting?

    I host with these guys who install their photo gallery script for free which
    allows you to upload images and automatically create scripts etc.

    http://www.fuzzymonkey.net/software/photogallery/

    For an example go to http://www.jamieallison.net/cgi-bin/photos/index.cgi

    Jamie Allison, Apr 24, 2006
  4. cypete Guest

    Jamie Allison skrev:

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I would like to build a website that just serves images.
    > >
    > > i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
    > > and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
    > > and are able to be clicked on for full size.
    > >
    > > Is there a website builder that will do this for me?

    > Do you already have hosting?
    >
    > I host with these guys who install their photo gallery script for free which
    > allows you to upload images and automatically create scripts etc.
    >
    > http://www.fuzzymonkey.net/software/photogallery/
    >
    > For an example go to http://www.jamieallison.net/cgi-bin/photos/index.cgi
    >

    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Richard

    Maybe I got something for you Richard. Check this site up and look for
    Cofeecup flash photo gallery. The link is
    http://www.down-loads.se/coffeecup.html. If you dont see anything try
    to refresh.

    cypete, Apr 24, 2006
  5. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > I would like to build a website that just serves images.
    >
    > i would like to be able to add pictures to a directory on the server
    > and when the page is accessed images are shown in a thumbnail format
    > and are able to be clicked on for full size.
    >
    > Is there a website builder that will do this for me?

    Many, but the price is mundanety.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.