website with mobile phone text mesaging

Guest

hi,
Can anyone give me an idea how to go about developing a website with added
functionality of texting a query and you will receive a reply of the result
requested?

Currently we are using sql server 2000 and visual studio 2005 for the web
development. Are we using the right tools?Much better if the text messaging
can communicate directly to the database then a reply will be send to the
mobile phone.

Thanks in advance

Guest

In order to do this you will need a GSM modem (or similar depending on
network) and some kind of software to control it. A common way to do this is
with an SMTP-SMS gateway software. This can get very expensive if it is on a
public website becuase you pay for every text message you send.

Guest

I see.The most practical way is to avail 3rd party sms services instead where
in we pay per text message sent.

Thanks

joshua__lim

clickon said:
In order to do this you will need a GSM modem (or similar depending on
network) and some kind of software to control it. A common way to do this is
with an SMTP-SMS gateway software. This can get very expensive if it is on a
public website becuase you pay for every text message you send.

You can easily setup this free SMS software to send via your mobile
phone, it also provides an HTTP API -
http://www.visualtron.com/products_vgsmlite.htm