What are the IDictionary parameters for DataSourceView.Update meth

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by iScout, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. iScout

    iScout Guest

    I am trying to write a custom control in VS2005 with C#. The control
    displays a list of fields bound to a custom object. The display works great,
    but I can't figure out the IDictionary values that need to be passed to the
    DataSourceView.Update method. My code looks like this:

    protected override void PerformUpdate(IShippingAddress dataItem)
    {
    dataItem.Address.Copy(this.AddressField.Address);
    dataItem.ShipToMethod = (ShipToMethods) ShipToMethodField.Value;

    DataSourceView view = GetData();

    // HACK: This is a kludge because we can't find anyone
    // that knows how to use these IDictionary parameters
    view.Update(new Hashtable() ,
    new Hashtable() ,
    new Hashtable() ,
    new DataSourceViewOperationCallback(delegate(int count ,
    Exception exception)
    {
    return true;
    }));

    //Throw an event to inform anyone who cares
    OnAddressChanged(new AddressChangedEventArgs(dataItem));
    }
    iScout, Mar 23, 2006