What C# book?

Karl

I'm an experienced programmer and understand OOP but I've never used MS
tools. And I'm having a really difficult time getting started programming
ASP.NET using C# with VS .Net 2003.

What do you recommend?

I already have Mastering Visual C# .NET but it's not ASP centric enough.

I would be most interested in a book that includes sample code for a couple
Web Form projects.

I'm having trouble with really stupid things....

Such as, why when I drop a panel down can't I drop the TextBox on it and
move it about? If I even manage getting the TextBox on the panel, it insists
on staying in the upper left corner.

In other words, I guess I need a book that is going to walk me through
building a ASP.NET application step by step.

TIA.

BTW - is there a tabbed page control available for Web Forms?

Hermit Dave

Essential ASP.NET by Fritz Onion - Addison Wesley is a nice book.... (though
its not exactly step by step book... but does explain a lot of things
intricately)

Michael Pearson

I love ASP.Net Unleashed by Stephen Walther. The examples are in VB.net,
but you should be able to understand what's going on with them.

Michael

Gene McCrory

Take a look at...

Microsoft ASP.NET Programming with Microsoft Visual C# .NET Step By Step
Version 2003 by G. Andrew Duthie.
ISBN 0-7356-1935-2

Best regards,

Gene

Alvin Bruney

have a look awt my book review site, it may be of help
home.networkip.net/dotnet/tidbits/default.htm