What constitutes a masterpiece?

chris.raplee

masterpiece(noun)
1 : a work done with extraordinary skill; especially : a supreme
intellectual or artistic achievement
2 : a piece of work presented to a medieval guild as evidence of
qualification for the rank of master

What constitutes a masterpiece in Perl?

babydoe

What constitutes a masterpiece in Perl?

Try exercises Chapter~16 of Learning Perl (3rd ed).

That was the most satisfying hour I've spent since
I hit puberty.

Randal_Schwartzcopf

masterpiece(noun)
1 : a work done with extraordinary skill; especially : a supreme
intellectual or artistic achievement
2 : a piece of work presented to a medieval guild as evidence of
qualification for the rank of master

What constitutes a masterpiece in Perl?

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Net::NNTP;

my $nntp = Net::NNTP->new("news.server");

my $groups = $nntp->list();
for (keys %$groups)
{
print "group: $_\n";
$nntp->group($_);
my %spam;
my %extra_spam;
while (my $a = $nntp->head())
{
for (@$a)
{
if (/^from:/i)
{
/<(.*)>/;
$spam{$1}++ if $1;
$extra_spam{$1}++ if $1 =~ /NOSPAM/;
print $1, "\n" if $1;
$nntp->next();
$nntp->quit;

John Bokma

wrote:
masterpiece(noun)
1 : a work done with extraordinary skill; especially : a supreme
intellectual or artistic achievement
2 : a piece of work presented to a medieval guild as evidence of
qualification for the rank of master

What constitutes a masterpiece in Perl?

Putting something at CPAN and have it mentioned here at least once a month
as something that helps to make a task easier.