What does "-1.#J" mean?

Lightmage

Hello all,

I am using C++ to convert a certain file into an XML file. During the
conversion the program does some arithmetic operations on the
information that is then outputted in xml format. The information is
a double variable.

Usually the output is exactly what it should be, but every so often
the output is "-1.#J".

"-1.#I" (thats an i) means the value is infinite right?
So does anyone know what "-1.#J" means?

Is there some site that has all different types of obscure outputs?

As soon as I know what the "J" means I will know what to look for in
my code and should be able to fix it.

TYVM!
~Lightmage

Lightmage

Unfortunately those things are not specified in either C++ or C.
You need to turn to your compiler documentation. See what out of
range numerical outputs they provide. I have not heard of -1.#J
but I've seen something like #INF or some such.

Thank you for your reply V.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002.
If you happen to know where I should look or have a link that would be
most helpful.
Thank you for narrowing my search!

~Lightmage

Lightmage

I would probably start inhttp://msdn2.microsoft.com... And next
time if your question is MSVC-specific, try

Lots of good info there.

Thank you very much V!