What does 'grep -M' do?

grocery_stocker

The following code is taken from
http://groups.google.com/group/perl.beginners/browse_thread/thread/c1b0afccf5fffccf/?hl=en#

# open the current directory
opendir my $dh, '.' or die "Cannot open '.' $!";

# get files older than three days
my @files = grep -M > 3, readdir $dh;

closedir $dh;

for my $file ( @files ) {
rename $file, "history/$file" or die "Cannot move '$file' $!";
}

What does grep -M do? Is this a perl option for grep? I don't see this
option when I look up grep on the unix man pages. I tried searching
google and found nothing.

Chad

John W. Krahn

grocery_stocker said:

Since I posted that I guess I should answer. :)
# open the current directory
opendir my $dh, '.' or die "Cannot open '.' $!";

# get files older than three days
my @files = grep -M > 3, readdir $dh;

closedir $dh;

for my $file ( @files ) {
rename $file, "history/$file" or die "Cannot move '$file' $!";
}

What does grep

perldoc -f grep

perldoc -f -M