what does this error mean?

John Kraft

I have this line of code:

Dim groups As String = FacAuthentication.GetSystems(txtULID.Text)

I get an error saying that I cannot call this because it is not shared.

The declaration for the function is:

Public Shared Function GetSystems(ByVal username As String) As String()

What does this mean? I'm new to VB, but very familiar with C/C++/C#.

John

John Saunders

John Kraft said:
I have this line of code:

Dim groups As String = FacAuthentication.GetSystems(txtULID.Text)

I get an error saying that I cannot call this because it is not shared.

The declaration for the function is:

Public Shared Function GetSystems(ByVal username As String) As String()

John,

"Shared" in VB == "static" in C++ (at least in terms of function
declarations).

Is "FacAuthentication" the name of the class containing GetSystems, or is it
the name of an object of the class containing "GetSystems"? If it's the
former, try preceding "GetSystems" with the class name instead.