What if cookie are disabled?

Andrea

I noticed that if cookie is disabled, unfortunately adding cookie to the
collection doesn't trap any error, and this is really good for some aspects,
because
it's impossibile to understand that since next time you use the cookie.

Now supposing to work on an environment where cookie are disabled, what's
the behaviour of the session? They are passed on the querystring, but it's
just the sessionid ... and other session values???

What generally do you use to pass value that is stored in cookie or in sessiom
between pages when the cookie are disabled?
Hidden form fields?

Thanks
Andrea

Guest

I beleive session variables are stored on the server, so only the sessionid
needs to be passed back and forth between the client and the server.

Guest

You can set your session to be "cookieless" in the web.config section for
Session.
This "munges" the sessionid onto the url.
Peter

clintonG

Its the Session ID that is munged into the URL is it not?

What is your opinion about security?
About saving a page as a Favorite?

<%= Clinton Gallagher