What is a div class="selection"

Angus

I am trying to change the selection in Javascript - but this HTML element is
not a standard option control.

On the web page it looks like a dropdown list - and you click on the right
hand down arrow and you see the entries in a dropdown. But how would I
control this thing from javascript?

Here is the HTML:

ARSelMenu="[{v:&quot;Active&quot;},{v:&quot;Inactive&quot;}]">
<input id="arid7" type="text" class="text " readonly style="top:0; left:0;
width:138; height:19;" />

Peter Michaux

I am trying to change the selection in Javascript - but this HTML element is
not a standard option control.

On the web page it looks like a dropdown list - and you click on the right
hand down arrow and you see the entries in a dropdown. But how would I
control this thing from javascript?

Here is the HTML:

ARSelMenu="[{v:&quot;Active&quot;},{v:&quot;Inactive&quot;}]">
<input id="arid7" type="text" class="text " readonly style="top:0; left:0;
width:138; height:19;" />

What JavaScript library is involved? That is, what is "ARSelMenu" and
from where does it come?

Whoever wrote that library is probably the best person to ask.

Peter

RobG

I am trying to change the selection in Javascript - but this HTML element is
not a standard option control.

If it appears the in page to be a select element, then it is built by
some function or library of functions. Nothing you have included
below helps with your question.
On the web page it looks like a dropdown list - and you click on the right
hand down arrow and you see the entries in a dropdown. But how would I
control this thing from javascript?

Here is the HTML:

When asking about javascript, you should either post the code in
question or a link to a page that includes it. Posting just the HTML
is nearly always insufficient.
ARSelMenu="[{v:&quot;Active&quot;},{v:&quot;Inactive&quot;}]">
<input id="arid7" type="text" class="text " readonly style="top:0; left:0;
width:138; height:19;" />

Presumably there is some library or script that adds events to the
object. The style attributes in the (X?)HTML are invalid: lengths
must have a unit unless they are zero, indicating that whoever wrote
it does not care for (or perhaps understand or know of) standards.
The ARSelMeny attribute seems to be some kind of Array literal that
contains object literals, however the syntax of the objects is
incorrect (if that's what they are).