    I'm doing - the page is a VERY draft 'proof of concept'.)

    http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    +e

    The Eclectic Electric, Sep 13, 2005

  2. The Eclectic Electric wrote:
    > Apparently something in my web page causes IE6 to think that I'm about to
    > launch an all out attack on the client's PC.

    Didn't give me any issues at all.

    > http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    Use something other than Photoshop to create your site. the image
    slicing is a complete waste of time and energy. There are much simpler
    ways of to make the site work.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Sep 13, 2005

  3. The Eclectic Electric

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, The Eclectic Electric quothed:

    > Apparently something in my web page causes IE6 to think that I'm about to
    > launch an all out attack on the client's PC. I thought it might be the
    > embedded sound, but I've visited another site with embedded sound and that
    > didn't flash the warning. Obviously I'm NOT trying to do anything
    > malicious!!! But it would be nice if the warning wasn't triggered. Any
    > ideas? (I'm basically cutting and pasting so don't in all honesty know what
    > I'm doing - the page is a VERY draft 'proof of concept'.)
    >
    > http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    I didn't get any warnings or alerts, -ie6,xp.

    As a guess, maybe the "active content" setting in newer versions is a
    problem. And, if that *is* it, just ignore it. I say this because if
    the user wants to be so-alerted, that's his choice.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 13, 2005
  4. "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message

    > The Eclectic Electric wrote:
    >> Apparently something in my web page causes IE6 to think that I'm about to
    >> launch an all out attack on the client's PC.

    > Didn't give me any issues at all.
    >
    >> http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    > Use something other than Photoshop to create your site. the image
    > slicing is a complete waste of time and energy. There are much simpler
    > ways of to make the site work.

    I've got a plan with the Photoshop thing (equally divided slices, reduced
    image size) and it is a tool I'm very familiar with. Basically the design
    of the front page will be a hand-painted picture, similar to what's there
    already and by swapping slices over I'm going to create little animations.
    I appreciate this is probably a lot easier in Flash, but I've always found
    that quite an awkward thing to get the hang of and I like the challenge of
    building it this way.

    What other tools could I use for the slicing?

    +e

    P.S. - thanks for looking at the site for me

    The Eclectic Electric, Sep 13, 2005
  5. "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    > With neither quill nor qualm, The Eclectic Electric quothed:
    >
    >> Apparently something in my web page causes IE6 to think that I'm about to
    >> launch an all out attack on the client's PC. I thought it might be the
    >> embedded sound, but I've visited another site with embedded sound and
    >> that
    >> didn't flash the warning. Obviously I'm NOT trying to do anything
    >> malicious!!! But it would be nice if the warning wasn't triggered. Any
    >> ideas? (I'm basically cutting and pasting so don't in all honesty know
    >> what
    >> I'm doing - the page is a VERY draft 'proof of concept'.)
    >>
    >> http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    > I didn't get any warnings or alerts, -ie6,xp.

    How weird!

    > As a guess, maybe the "active content" setting in newer versions is a
    > problem. And, if that *is* it, just ignore it. I say this because if
    > the user wants to be so-alerted, that's his choice.

    I agree to an extent, but the sort of people accessing this site will often
    be naive users and they'd be put off if I.E. suggested the site might do
    something nasty to their PC. In fact, I'd be put off too. But neither of
    you found it gave the warning anyway, so I guess it's all clear for now.

    +e

    The Eclectic Electric, Sep 13, 2005
  6. The Eclectic Electric

    mbstevens Guest

    The Eclectic Electric wrote:
    > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message

    >>>http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    >>Use something other than Photoshop to create your site. the image
    >>slicing is a complete waste of time and energy. There are much simpler
    >>ways of to make the site work.

    > What other tools could I use for the slicing?

    I find having to watch sliced images load distracting and
    usually irritating.

    If you _must_ slice, don't use tables to recombine the images
    on the webpage.

    Have a look here:
    http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/curvelicious/demo.html

    mbstevens, Sep 13, 2005
  7. The Eclectic Electric

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, The Eclectic Electric quothed:

    > "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, The Eclectic Electric quothed:
    > >
    > >> Apparently something in my web page causes IE6 to think that I'm about to
    > >> launch an all out attack on the client's PC. I thought it might be the
    > >> embedded sound, but I've visited another site with embedded sound and
    > >> that
    > >> didn't flash the warning. Obviously I'm NOT trying to do anything
    > >> malicious!!! But it would be nice if the warning wasn't triggered. Any
    > >> ideas? (I'm basically cutting and pasting so don't in all honesty know
    > >> what
    > >> I'm doing - the page is a VERY draft 'proof of concept'.)
    > >>
    > >> http://freespace.virgin.net/phil.houghton/test1c.html

    > > I didn't get any warnings or alerts, -ie6,xp.

    > How weird!
    >

    > > As a guess, maybe the "active content" setting in newer versions is a
    > > problem. And, if that *is* it, just ignore it. I say this because if
    > > the user wants to be so-alerted, that's his choice.

    > I agree to an extent, but the sort of people accessing this site will often
    > be naive users and they'd be put off if I.E. suggested the site might do
    > something nasty to their PC. In fact, I'd be put off too. But neither of
    > you found it gave the warning anyway, so I guess it's all clear for now.

    Nix, not so weird. It didn't give me a warning because I unchecked the
    option the second day I had my new xp-ed computer. Realize also that I
    would not have received a warning on my old millenium computer with
    ostensibly the same browser version.

    Your concerns are valid but so is the response I made. The "flaw" here
    is once again an ill-advised Microsoft decision.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 13, 2005