what is K&R2

Sunny

Hi,

Well this might look like a dumb question to 99.99% of u but what
exactly is K&R2 and where can I get it?

Secondly alot of people say that you can learn by reading good books on
C. I know the one by Dennis Ritchie is good but can any one mention
some other books as well

Thanx.

Jordan Abel

Hi,

Well this might look like a dumb question to 99.99% of u but what
exactly is K&R2 and where can I get it?

Secondly alot of people say that you can learn by reading good books on
C. I know the one by Dennis Ritchie is good but can any one mention
some other books as well

Thanx.

K&R2 = The C Programming Language, Brian Kernighan and Dennis
Ritchie, 2nd edition, 1988

(The one that says "ANSI C" on the cover)

Sunny

Jordan said:
K&R2 = The C Programming Language, Brian Kernighan and Dennis
Ritchie, 2nd edition, 1988

(The one that says "ANSI C" on the cover)

Thanx alot it means i already have it :)

Mabden

Sunny said:
Hi,

Well this might look like a dumb question to 99.99% of u but what
exactly is K&R2 and where can I get it?

A lot of U? Does that mean many Universities? You seem quite
intelligent, but I'm not familiar with the word "u". You're in Junior
College, right?
Secondly alot

Is there a Firstly alot? Is alot a new thing, maybe a computer or
something? I've heard of the iPod...
of people say that you can learn by reading good books on
C. I know the one by Dennis Ritchie is good but can any one mention
some other books as well

Cute. Question and answer in the same post.

So read K&R2. It can be hard to read. Plow through. The stuff about
pointers gets confusing, but the next chapter changes over to a new
subject. Just skip the bits you don't get. Program a little, then go
back and re-read it. And look at the code!! The code in the book can be
re-read over and over and you will see stuff "u" didn't see last time. I
guarantee it.

....ah, what am I talking about - (s)he's not a programmer...

Remember "Liberal Arts". In the 70's and 80's if you didn't know what
you wanted to be, you said, "I'm, a Liberal Arts major. Now it's
computers - "Oh, I want to do something with computers so I took
computer programming!"