    C. I know the one by Dennis Ritchie is good but can any one mention
    some other books as well

    Thanx.
    Sunny, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Sunny

    Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-10-26, Sunny <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Well this might look like a dumb question to 99.99% of u but what
    > exactly is K&R2 and where can I get it?
    >
    > Secondly alot of people say that you can learn by reading good books on
    > C. I know the one by Dennis Ritchie is good but can any one mention
    > some other books as well
    >
    > Thanx.

    K&R2 = The C Programming Language, Brian Kernighan and Dennis
    Ritchie, 2nd edition, 1988

    (The one that says "ANSI C" on the cover)
    Jordan Abel, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Sunny

    Sunny Guest

    Jordan Abel wrote:
    > K&R2 = The C Programming Language, Brian Kernighan and Dennis
    > Ritchie, 2nd edition, 1988
    >
    > (The one that says "ANSI C" on the cover)

    Thanx alot it means i already have it :)
    Sunny, Oct 26, 2005
  4. Sunny

    Mabden Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Well this might look like a dumb question to 99.99% of u but what
    > exactly is K&R2 and where can I get it?

    A lot of U? Does that mean many Universities? You seem quite
    intelligent, but I'm not familiar with the word "u". You're in Junior
    College, right?

    > Secondly alot

    Is there a Firstly alot? Is alot a new thing, maybe a computer or
    something? I've heard of the iPod...

    > of people say that you can learn by reading good books on
    > C. I know the one by Dennis Ritchie is good but can any one mention
    > some other books as well

    Cute. Question and answer in the same post.

    So read K&R2. It can be hard to read. Plow through. The stuff about
    pointers gets confusing, but the next chapter changes over to a new
    subject. Just skip the bits you don't get. Program a little, then go
    back and re-read it. And look at the code!! The code in the book can be
    re-read over and over and you will see stuff "u" didn't see last time. I
    guarantee it.

    ....ah, what am I talking about - (s)he's not a programmer...

    Remember "Liberal Arts". In the 70's and 80's if you didn't know what
    you wanted to be, you said, "I'm, a Liberal Arts major. Now it's
    computers - "Oh, I want to do something with computers so I took
    computer programming!"

    --
    Mabden
    Mabden, Oct 26, 2005