    with a ASP.Net controls. Is there a way to do this? I can put a panel
    around a group of controls, but I do not know how to get text to display like
    a legend does.
    Harry Keck, May 11, 2005

  2. Harry Keck

    clintonG Guest

    AFIK none of the native controls emit fieldset and legend HTML elements.
    You'd have to override the rendering method(s) of the native control(s) or
    develop your own controls. Nice choice huh ;-)

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

    clintonG, May 12, 2005

  3. Harry Keck

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    If you want to access it programmatically you can just try using it as an
    HTML control

    <fieldset ID="Group1" runat="server">
    </fieldset>

    The code-behind type would be
    System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl (or equivalent from the
    hierarchy)

    As was said, rendering is one approach as well.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    ASP.NET MVP, AspInsider

    Teemu Keiski, May 14, 2005