    "Unable to connect to remote server"

    Both the Smart app and the WebService are running on my local machine so I
    do not know what is up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Aaron Ackerman, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Yeah, I actually tried that and changed tempuri.org to localhost and i got
    the same error. It has to be a valid URL correct? I am not just giving the
    namespace a name like MyNamespace.

    "Stuart Hemming (via DFN-CIS NetNews Service)"
    <> wrote in message
    On 05/03/2004, around 16:54, Aaron Ackerman wrote:

    AA> But what is tempuri.org and why is my namespace using this address and
    AA> should I change it, and to what?
    It's using that 'cos you haven't told it to use anything else.

    You need to change the [WebService] attribute in your source to
    something like

    For C#
    [WebService(Namespace="http://mynamespace")]

    As for /what/ you call your namespace, that's up to you, but the whole
    point is it should be something unique to you/your environment. Lookup
    WebService Attribute in MSDN for m ore details.
    --
    Stuart
    See headers for PGP Key.
    Aaron Ackerman, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Aaron Ackerman

    Guest

    Try changing the namespace to something that contains your Web service namespace like, "http://www.mydomain.com/ServiceVirtualDirectory". You still must reference the service when debugging with something like "http://localhost/ServiceVirtualDirectory/Service.asmx

    Hope this helps

    Eagle
    , Mar 7, 2004