What is the difference between CMP and BMP EJB's (beans) ?

Tobias Merler

What is the difference between CMP (container manged persitence) beans and
BMP beans?

Tobias

Sudsy

Tobias said:
What is the difference between CMP (container manged persitence) beans and
BMP beans?

In a nutshell, CMP beans can leave the ejbActivate, ejbPassivate,
ejbLoad, ejbStore and ejbRemove methods empty; the container is
responsible for that functionality. You're on your own when you
write BMPs.
Justification for BMP: a DBMS which your container doesn't support
or an access schema so complex that EQL can't handle it.
FWIW I prefer CMP, especially now that CMRs are supported along
with the "ORDER BY" clause in EQL.
YMMV