  1. What is the difference between CMP (container manged persitence) beans and
    BMP beans?

    Tobias
    Tobias Merler, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Tobias Merler

    Sudsy Guest

    Tobias Merler wrote:
    > What is the difference between CMP (container manged persitence) beans and
    > BMP beans?

    In a nutshell, CMP beans can leave the ejbActivate, ejbPassivate,
    ejbLoad, ejbStore and ejbRemove methods empty; the container is
    responsible for that functionality. You're on your own when you
    write BMPs.
    Justification for BMP: a DBMS which your container doesn't support
    or an access schema so complex that EQL can't handle it.
    FWIW I prefer CMP, especially now that CMRs are supported along
    with the "ORDER BY" clause in EQL.
    YMMV
    Sudsy, Sep 8, 2004