What is the equivalent of <lang>'s <feature> in ruby?

Daniel DeLorme

Is there a website that documents which method in ruby is equivalent to
which function in PHP? Or any other programming language? I could swear
something like this has been posted to this list before, but I couldn't
find any trace of it.

Mark Thomas

Is there a website that documents which method in ruby is equivalent to
which function in PHP? Or any other programming language? I could swear
something like this has been posted to this list before, but I couldn't
find any trace of it.

A simple function translation will result in PHP written in ruby
syntax. It's far better to learn idiomatic ruby. ri and irb are your
friends.

Javier Alvarez

Give this site a try: http://railsforphp.com/

Daniel said:
Is there a website that documents which method in ruby is equivalent
to which function in PHP? Or any other programming language? I could
swear something like this has been posted to this list before, but I
couldn't find any trace of it.

Daniel DeLorme

Javier said:

Thank you, that's a nice little website. The function reference is
not exactly extensive, but it's a very good start. One of the nice
things is that it explains the ruby idioms equivalent to a given
PHP function. So there goes your objection, Mr. Thomas :p

Now if only there was a website like that to assist ruby programmers
trying to code in, say, OCaml.

Daniel