What is the win32 API/COM equivalent in java?

Discussion in 'Java' started by John, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    We have some Computer Based Training (CBT) software for different GUI
    business applications on MS windows OS. We currently have Win32 API
    and COM based libraries that let us create training applications that
    are tightly integrated with the business applications. We do this by
    monitoring users mouse and keyboard actions and contents of windows
    controls (fields, check boxes, list boxes, etc.). We do not need
    access to the source code of the business applications through win32
    API's we know the menu choice used by the user, the data value in a
    GUI field, etc.

    Now we have to do the same for Java based GUI applications. I was
    wondering if I can get any ideas from folks in this group about how I
    can achieve similar results for java GUI's.

    Any help will be highly appreciated.

    Sincerely,
    John

    John, Aug 17, 2004

  2. On 16 Aug 2004 20:30:30 -0700, (John) wrote:

    >We have some Computer Based Training (CBT) software for different GUI
    >business applications on MS windows OS. We currently have Win32 API
    >and COM based libraries that let us create training applications that
    >are tightly integrated with the business applications. We do this by
    >monitoring users mouse and keyboard actions and contents of windows
    >controls (fields, check boxes, list boxes, etc.). We do not need
    >access to the source code of the business applications through win32
    >API's we know the menu choice used by the user, the data value in a
    >GUI field, etc.
    >
    >Now we have to do the same for Java based GUI applications. I was
    >wondering if I can get any ideas from folks in this group about how I
    >can achieve similar results for java GUI's.
    >
    >Any help will be highly appreciated.
    >
    >Sincerely,
    >John

    Not sure if I understand you correctly but, if I do, your best bet
    would probably be to look at the code for any Java-based Profiler or
    debugger applications that you can find since they monitor the
    operations of other Java programs.

    Alexander Ames, Aug 23, 2004