What is the win32 API/COM equivalent in java?

John

We have some Computer Based Training (CBT) software for different GUI
business applications on MS windows OS. We currently have Win32 API
and COM based libraries that let us create training applications that
are tightly integrated with the business applications. We do this by
monitoring users mouse and keyboard actions and contents of windows
controls (fields, check boxes, list boxes, etc.). We do not need
access to the source code of the business applications through win32
API's we know the menu choice used by the user, the data value in a
GUI field, etc.

Now we have to do the same for Java based GUI applications. I was
wondering if I can get any ideas from folks in this group about how I
can achieve similar results for java GUI's.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
John

Alexander Ames

We have some Computer Based Training (CBT) software for different GUI
business applications on MS windows OS. We currently have Win32 API
and COM based libraries that let us create training applications that
are tightly integrated with the business applications. We do this by
monitoring users mouse and keyboard actions and contents of windows
controls (fields, check boxes, list boxes, etc.). We do not need
access to the source code of the business applications through win32
API's we know the menu choice used by the user, the data value in a
GUI field, etc.

Now we have to do the same for Java based GUI applications. I was
wondering if I can get any ideas from folks in this group about how I
can achieve similar results for java GUI's.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
John

Not sure if I understand you correctly but, if I do, your best bet
would probably be to look at the code for any Java-based Profiler or
debugger applications that you can find since they monitor the
operations of other Java programs.