What is Wrong With This?

Wayne Wengert

I am getting the following error on an aspx page and I don't see the
problem? What am I missing?

====================================
Compiler Error Message: BC30201: Expression expected.

Line 29: Dim strSQL as String
Line 30: strSQL = "UPDATE judgeevaluations Set scoring = ??, Set
dialog = ??" _
Line 31: & " Where (judgename = '" &
<%#Container.DataItem("JudgeName")%> & "')" _
Line 32: & " AND (caption = '" &
<%#Container.DataItem("caption")%> & "')" _
Line 33: & " AND evaluator = " & Session ("EvaluatorID")"

Karl Seguin

Wayne,
not sure what you are trying to do, but you can't put a databinding
expression in vb.net code..

dim x as string = <%# Container.DataItem("JudgeName") %> isnt' valid

what are you trying to do? is this happening in an OnItemDataBound event?
(if so, look at e.Item.DataItem instead).

context plz

Karl